[Dxspider-support] MRTG

ik5zuk at tiscali.it ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Thu May 3 18:37:43 CEST 2007

Hello all !
I'm trying to install and configure the MRTG to produce the web based
statistic for the spider node.
My system is based on Fedora Core 5 and it comes out with installed by
default the libpng, zlib and gd libraries during the OS installation.
As described on the spider web site, I've downloaded the latest MRTG
version (mrtg-2.15.2.tar.gz) from the official web site ( http://oss.
oetiker.ch/mrtg/ ), compiled and installed as described into the
documentation ->  mrtg-unix-guide.
After compilation and installation, I have finded MRTG in
/usr/local/mrtg-2 folder.
After that, I've copyed all the files in /usr/local/src/mrtg-2.15.2
/images/ to /spider/html/mrtg/ folder, made the two symbolic links
with:

ln -s /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg /usr/bin/mrtg
ln -s /usr/local/mrtg-2/lib/mrtg2 /usr/lib/mrtg2

I've logged in on my spider node and entered the "mrtg all" command.
Now is the problem: after logged in on my linux box with the sysop
user, when I try to enter the "indexmaker --output stats.html --
columns=1 --title "MRTG statistics for IK5ZUK-6 Spider Node" ../..
/mrtg/mrtg.cfg" command, the system reply me with the following error
message:
-bash: indexmaker: command not found
[sysop at linux mrtg]$

Please, could someone tell me some hints to solve the problem ??

73's and TNX de Luigi, ik5zuk

Naviga e telefona senza limiti con Tiscali
Scopri le promozioni Tiscali adsl: navighi e telefoni senza canone Telecom

http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/