[Dxspider-support] how to stop a ??loop??

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Nov 11 13:01:48 CET 2007

Lee Sawkins wrote:
> Dirk Koopman wrote:
>> Dave Edwards wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> here is a sample of what the debug file is filling up with
>>>
>>> 1194769749^-> D IW0FFK PC92^W4NJA-1^25517^D^5W4NJA-1^5K8SMC^H34^
>>> 1194769749^<- I DB0SUE-7 PC92^K8SMC^25580^D^5K8SMC^5W4NJA-1^H27^
>>>
>>> The same on all the nodes I am connected with
>>>
>>> The debug file is over 125Mb now for today. Tried rebooting my cluster
>>> in case it was something gone pear shaped this end. Up to now things
>>> been very stable but with all these pc92's flying around the connection
>>> like a slug at the moment.
>>> Not touched the config in spider here for a long time.
>>> Any ideas? If it is me causing this then please assist me in stopping it :-)
>>>
>> Are you on the latest version?
>>
>> Dirk
>
> I am receiving these same two packets over and over again from GB7DJK
> and several other Spider clusters.

It appears to have stopped now. I am wondering now how this has
occurred, because it should not happen. Perhaps other eyes than me
should stare at DXProtHandle.pm lines 1474 -> 1514 and maybe tell how I
can keep on receiving the same PC92 and then *not* throwing away the
duplicate (which is what *should* and otherwise normally *does* happen).

Because, just right now, I can't see it.

The fact that all these nodes seem to be running Lee's stuff is
irrelevant, the fact that the deduping mechanism in my code does not
seem to be 100% reliable is, to say the least of it, a worry.