[Dxspider-support] telnet / read only

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 12:54:47 CET 2007

Luc Goeman - ON1GL wrote:
> we finally chosen to enable the login password protection via the internet
> and full access via ax25.
> ( set/var $main::passwdreq = 1 and set/var $main::reqreg = 0 )
> The question now is how do you set a password for a user that has not yet
> logged into the cluster  (set/password on0xx 1234 gives you user record not
> found).

This is not the normal way around.

But the official way is to do a: set/register <call>, first.

This will create a callsign, if it does not exist, and mark it as
registered. The fact that you are not registering anybody does not
matter. It is, in effect, what you are doing by forcing people to have
passwords.

set/user <call> does not do what you want (for historical reasons, which
probably no longer apply)