[Dxspider-support] Cluster Locking up

Dave Hawes dave.n3rd at verizon.net
Fri Nov 23 17:16:39 CET 2007

On the subject of user_asc,

On 8 Oct 2007 at 12:05, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> Just a summary of what these things do:-
>
> 1. create_sysop.pl : creates an *empty* user file just containing
> entries for the node and the sysop callsign - *nothing* else.

What is the name of this "empty" file?  When I do create_sysop.pl,
nothing at all shows up in spider\data.

I am doing a new installation on Windows 98, and Spider refuses to
start because it can't find the spider\data\users file.  If I go to a
previous version of Spider, which file do I bring over?

Also, the following sequence has no apparent effect:

cd spider\data
copy [from another directory] user_asc.o
perl user_asc.o

Nothing happens, other than a short pause and then back to the DOS
prompt.  The attributes of user_asc.o are not changed, but nothing is
created.

Any help appreciated.

73 - Dave N3RD