[Dxspider-support] Please (please) Upgrade...

hank k8dd k8dd at arrl.net
Tue Oct 9 18:52:50 CEST 2007

Jean ....

Here is what I did to upgrade from 1.52 on my SuSe linux cluster PC.

The "upgrade" went like this ....
did a tar  from /spider to back it up (good move on my part!)
     If you do this and do lose anything, you can get it back.
     Just make sure that you do not overwrite any of the /CVS directories!
downloaded CVSlatest.tgz
moved it to /tmp/CVS and added the date to the name.
did a tar to /spider
did an init 6   to reboot and restart the cluster
It came up 1.54 Build 61.513
did  cvs update -d
did a shutdown
it automagically restarts after a shutdown
came up ver 1.54 build 61.514
made sure it was connected to n8nm
wrote up some notes of how I did the upgrade, stuck them up on the
wall for my next update next year, turned off the monitor and
went out on the deck and had a cold Labatt.

73    Hank     K8DD

On 10/9/07, ve2pkt at oricom.ca <ve2pkt at oricom.ca> wrote:

> By doing this, will a lose all my setups and informations parameters?
>
> Jean
>

> >OK, you need to upgrade to 1.54 by getting
> >
> >http://www.dxcluster.org/download/CVSlatest.zip
> >
> >and overwriting your existing installation.  Please back up fully
> >before you start.  CVS has moved.  Once you ahve done this, you will
> >find it should work again.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Ian
> >

> >--
> >Ian J Maude G0VGS
> >SysOp GB7MBC DX Cluster
> >Member of RSGB, GQRP
> >K2 #4044 | K3 #?

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level then beat you with experience.'      -anon