[Dxspider-support] Character encoding?

Bela Markus ha5di at freemail.hu
Wed Oct 24 12:19:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

what is about character encoding within a SPIDER network and in general
in DXCLUSTER? While in practice I do not see special characters in spots
and announcements, are there any restrictions, conventions or rules?

My system is running on CentOS 5 with UTF-8 and Hungarian locales. A
quick try in local announcements shows that special characters like
éáőúűüö etc. are OK. In the log file they are converted to single byte
codes. No more examination done.

Dirk can give more precise answer for sure.

Regards... Béla, HA5DI