[Dxspider-support] A Windowze question on CSV

Paul M Dunphy dx_cluster at ve1dx.net
Tue Sep 25 03:17:32 CEST 2007

     I have a fair bit of Unix experience, and even have a Linux
system running here.  However, due to circumstances beyond my
control, I have to run DX Spider under Win-XP with the perl
emulator.  Wanting to be a good Cluster citizen, I believe I ought to
keep up to date with the releases.

     Therein lies the problem.  My instinct is that a CSV release is
similar to a makefile under Unix, except I'm running it under Windoze
and have all of my users, connect scripts and other customizations
working fine (including the AGW radio side.)

     Now . . . if I download the latest CSV and "update" what I have
under Windoze, what happens?  Is it a slick upgrade (I'd first make a
back-up copy of my \spider directory of course) so that I will keep
all of my customizations and user database, or will it overwrite
everything and put me back to the default install?

     Sorry if this has all been answered before, but I'm a clueless
newbee when it comes to DX Spider updates.  Were I doing this on a
Linux system, life probably would be easier . . .

73/DX Paul VE1DX