[Dxspider-support] CVS error

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 11:49:20 CEST 2007

IZ5FSA wrote:
> CVS is discontinued? Is it no more available?
> Ok. I understand.

CVS is NOT discontinued. It has moved. This is because I want people to
have near realtime access to the code. I need this because I am doing
active development and I can't wait 6-12 hours for Sourceforge to keep up.

> So we must download the CVSlatest.zip and unpack it directly over the
> /dxspider directory.

/spider directory.

Yes, you need to do that - but only once. After that you can use CVS as
before EXCEPT that it is not "real" CVS, just a thin wrapper over GIT
(http://git.or.cz).

This means that some options don't work. The main one being -z3.
Otherwise you will find that

   cvs update -d

will work just fine.