[Dxspider-support] Bad file descriptor ??

hank k8dd k8dd at arrl.net
Sat Sep 29 08:19:34 CEST 2007

On 9/29/07, Paul M Dunphy <dx_cluster at ve1dx.net> wrote:

>      After a couple months of pretty much flawless connections, I can't
> connect to N5IN-2's node anymore.  Here's what I get:
>
>  connect 16: timeout set to 60
>  connect 16: timeout set to 30
>  CONNECT 16 sort: telnet command: DXSPOTS.NET 23
>  ***Connect 16 Failed to DXSPOTS.NET 23 Bad file descriptor
>  -> D VE1DX connection to N5IN-2 started
>
>      Any thoughts?  Seems to have been OK until yesterday.  Here's my
> connect script:
>
>  timeout 30
>  connect telnet DXSPOTS.NET 23
>  'login' 've1dxi'
>

>      Any thoughts?  The "bad file descriptor" makes me suspicious it may be
> on my end.  (I stopped my cluster, rebooted the system and restarted with
> the same results.)
>
>  73, Paul VE1DX (a/k/a VE1DXI)

It's been awhile since I've seen that ..... Back when I was running
windows .... if the connect was slow I'd get that ..... or if there
was a problem with the connection.  sometimes it would take restarting
spider a couple times or rebooting a couple times or both!
Since I switched to Linux I haven't seen the problem.

73    Hank    K8DD    aka  WA8DX node

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level then beat you with experience.'      -anon