[Dxspider-support] gtkconsole

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Sep 30 13:38:16 CEST 2007

IZ5FSA wrote:
> Hi Dirk.
> I've tried gtkconsole cacthing with this error message:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:   at /usr/lib/perl5/Gtk2.pm line 63.
>
> gtk2 installed properly on Linux Debian 2.4.27-2-386 #1 Wed Aug 17 09:33:35 UTC
> 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> Any trick?

Sorry to ask an obvious question but: are you running X?

If you are (and it won't work without, on a linux box [windows already
has its own environment :-]), then are you actually running it on the
box itself or trying to get it to work remotely via ssh?

If you are using ssh then you need to make sure that you allow
X11Forwarding at both the client and the server ends. If you are running
a client over the internet, then I recommend that you set compression on
in ssh as well.