[Dxspider-support] motd

Ian Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Wed Dec 24 18:56:50 GMT 2008

Hi Dirk et al,
I am talking with Simon, HB9DRV currently discussing the upcoming  new
HRD logbook.  One of the things I am trying to do is make the
conversation between sysop and user more visible.  Currently, if a user
logs in to a cluster using a logbook (like most people these days) they
simply do not see the MOTD.  This makes it really awkward to get new
information to users.  For example, I run registration at gb7mbc and the
users would not see the alternative motd explaining how to become
registered.

Would it be possible to have a command like sh/motd ?  I could work
something out to do it here but it would not be the same at other
clusters so something more generic is needed.

The command would simply be typed by the user and return the relevant
motd (dependant on registration status.  This would mean that HRD (and
any other software that implemented it) would be able to display the
motd at login making it a lot more visible to the user.

Many thanks and a Merry Christmas

Ian

--

Ian J Maude, G0VGS