[Dxspider-support] What Curses in Ubuntu 7.10

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 18:11:09 GMT 2008

Lars Boman wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I try to start console.pl but it not find the Curses. I have tried a couple
> (Curses-1.08 , 1.17 and 1.20) Pls can someone tell me how to manage this ?
> (ncurses ? )

The best way to load any of the perl stuff in ubuntu/debian is to look
for it with something like:-

aptitude search <string or regex>

You will see likely looking packages ending in '-perl' so curses is:-

aptitude install libcurses-perl

You can use "apt-get install" instead. Either will work, aptitude is
just a bit cleverer, none of which you need here. However, the aptitude
search function is much less verbose than 'apt-cache search' and easier
to use.

You also need:-

aptitude install libtimedate-perl libnet-telnet-perl libdigest-sha1-perl

Everything else is now part of the standard perl distro.

You can do a similar thing with 'yum install' for Fedora boxes, the
names of the packages are just slightly different.