[Dxspider-support] Fedora - Newbie

Danny Pease dpease at adams.net
Wed Jul 16 15:09:39 BST 2008

Thanks for all the replies and encouragement. I do intend to use RF and
telnet connections. We are trying to get our local DX group to all use
the same node for our spotting and at least 3 of the group want to use
RF. Our last node was an old DOS system that did not allow telnet
connections.

I started trying to install DX Spider on an XP machine but ran into
problems fairly quickly, so I pulled an old AMD out of the junk pile and
installed Fedora 9 on it and have been slowly trying to learn the
necessary skills to manipulate Linux. I do intend to learn Linux and
even if I start out on Windows, I will put the cluster on Linux later.

I am sure I will have other questions as I go.

Danny  NG9R