[Dxspider-support] Autostarting spider & client making

Luigi Carlotto, IK5ZUK ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Fri Jul 25 13:25:57 BST 2008

>I have not tested, but isn't the ">" missing?
> This is what it looks like in my old pc in inittab (RH 71.):
>
> DX:3:respawn:/bin/su -c "/usr/bin/perl /spider/perl/cluster.pl" sysop
> >/dev/tty7

Kjell,
thank you for your effort, but Ubuntu (from version 6.10) and Fedora Core
(from version 9) have changed from using sysvinit to the use of upstart so
using /etc/inittab won't work....

Dirk, please if you are here, tell me something about...
For the other sysops running spider over Ubuntu: how you've arranged your
system to respawning spider on your Ubuntu system ?!?

Any helps will be very appreciated ! ;)

> 73
> Kjell
> SM7GVF