[Dxspider-support] users connect/disconnect

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Sat Jul 26 17:33:54 BST 2008

ON6HH Roland Huysentruyt wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>> What was the outcome of these users connecting then straight away
>> disconnecting? Forgot the software that did this but it is annoying
>> sitting there seeing users on / off /on etc.
>> Getting more each day not less so I take it nothing? Or am I seeing a
>> bug and there really are that many users trying to login to my clx :0)
>>
>> How can I turn off seeing users connecting? Think as a temporary
>> measure this will have to be done as it niggles me hi.
>>
>> 73
>>
>> --
>> Dave Edwards (G7RAU)
>>
> For the multiconnect software see :
>
> http://www.dxatlas.com/BandMaster/

I'm sorry but I am still not back in circulation at the moment, I can't
do anything about this. However, there are two problems here:

1. Multi Connect.

This is caused by BandMaster. I will address this the moment I get
enough time to look at it and test it thoroughly.

What I propose to do is have a "set/multiconnect nnn" command which will
be on as default and set to 2. This will have the effect of allowing
users to connect to up to two nodes. If you do a "set/multiconnect 0"
that will be the same as "unset/multiconnect", which will be the
equivalent of what happens now.

This will only be checked on connection and not continuously. This will
allow sysops to set their own login policy.

2. Connect, send a spot or do a sh/dx, disconnect.

The command you are looking for is: unset/logininfo

This will stop the local announcements of people logging in and out.

F.Y.I. If you have updated in the last nine months or so, these
connections and immediate disconnections are unlikely to be sent out.
The node only sends out local changes once a minute - specifically to
stop this behaviour clogging the network up more than it already is.

Do be careful that you aren't confusing:-

User GW3LEW has logged in
DX de GW3LEW:    70200.0  S51DI        599 qsb
1630Z IO71
User GW3LEW has logged out

with

User GW4HDF has logged out
User GW4HDF has logged in

The former is some software doing a "connect, spot, disconnect" cycle.
The latter is someone (or something) disconnecting then reconnecting again.

Dirk G1TLH