[Dxspider-support] Connection Refused

Dave Court EI3IO at connogue.com
Tue Jun 24 20:13:48 BST 2008

Dirk
I'm afraid it definitely is occuring on 'sh/dx' and 'who' and also
'sh/qrz'. Is it a PERL problem? It also happens on my own terminal over
the LAN.
73s Dave

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> Dave Court wrote:
>> Dear All
>> I'm currently running V1.55 build 0.9 on a Linux Slackware OS at
>> EI7SDX. I have an intermittent problem which started about 4 months
>> ago. Essentially from time to time (sometimes quite regularly) when
>> any user initiates a command e.g. sh/dx, sh/qrz, who etc. the
>> following comment is returned:
>> "IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection refused"
>
> I can't see how this can happen on a normal command: e.g. sh/dx, who
> because it isn't doing one of these. However, I *can* see it happening
> on sh/qrz, sh/contest etc because these *are* doing a socket connect.
>

>> Once this occurrs if the same command is initiated almost immediately
>> it generally works correctly.
>
> Sounds like the normal slowness of the internet to me. However, there
> does seem to be a case for an improved error message.
>

>> Is this a common problem? Any ideas on a cure?
>
> No (AFAIK).
>
> Dirk G1TLH

This Email comes from Dave Court - EI3IO, G3SDL, OZ3SDL
QTH (Grid) Locator - IO63WF
Web Site: http://EI3IO.com
EI7SDX:SHANDX DX packet cluster web site: http://shandx.ath.cx
Cluster Access telnet://shandx.ath.cx:5000
Node Access telnet://shandx.ath.cx:7400
QSL address: 'Connogue', River Lane, Shankill, Co. Dublin, Ireland

Tel: (EI) +353 1 272 2066 or (GI) +44 28 9099 6474
Skype Username: Connogue or Connport
VoIP: sip: 1996474 at sipgate.co.uk
Professional Web Site: http://connogue.com