[Dxspider-support] Talks

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 21:15:17 BST 2008

I have been doing quite a bit of investigation work on talks and I have
made a number of improvements in talk handling as well as routing.

One of the consequences of this work is that with the very latest build
of 1.55 (0.25) talks will now be distributed to all nodes that a user
logs in to. This uses a new general mechanism that can be used elsewhere
for other purposes.

A side benefit of this will be that some users will be sufficiently
annoyed be getting two or more copies of a talk to login to just the
one, single, node (but I shan't hold my breath :-)

Now might be a reasonable time to a) upgrade and b) persuade more users
to use talk rather than announce to chat to their friends.

Dirk G1TLH