[Dxspider-support] QSL

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 22:46:25 BST 2008

This was suggested to me some time ago, but I was not in a position to
do anything about it. However, now that talk seems to be finally working
as I think it should, perhaps now is the time to look at this again.

What was suggested was a QSL command. The idea of this command is for,
perhaps, dxpeditions to qsl their contacts (probably via their logging
program's cluster connection) in real time. This would give the users
assurance that a contact was made and also, maybe during contests, a
means of cross checking logs.

Something like:

qsl g1tlh 14245.1 59 ssb Good signal

would be fairly easy to do. This would come out more or less like the
current dx display, e.g.

QSL de G7BRN:      50195.0  G1TLH    SSB 59   Good Signal!         2135Z

One could have a sh/qsl as well.

All of this would be sent to the user concerned, not broadcast to the
world like a DX command does.

Is this likely be of any interest?

Dirk G1TLH