[Dxspider-support] ubuntu and dxspider

Stephen M. Murphy murphys at comcast.net
Sun Mar 9 23:05:47 GMT 2008

Here's the Upstart script (/etc/event.d/dxspider) that I use with Ubuntu:

  # spider -start dxspider

  #
  # This service maintains the DXSpider node from the point the system is
  # started until it is shut down again.

  start on runlevel 2
  start on runlevel 3
  start on runlevel 4
  start on runlevel 5

  stop on shutdown

  respawn
  exec /spider/perl/cluster.pl tty9

There's probably a better way to do it, but this gets the job done.

73,

Steve N8NM