[Dxspider-support] AX25 not working, more info

Stephen M. Murphy murphys at comcast.net
Wed Mar 26 01:27:52 GMT 2008

Sorry about the lack of information in my last post...

I'm running under Debian Etch, and have the AX25 configured properly...
I double and triple checked all the config files and such this evening.

Connections going through the OH2BNS node work fine, as do telnet
connections and connections using the client.  Watching the screen while
  an AX25 connection is coming in, I see the usual outgoing logon stuff
(motd, etc). Then, immediately after this, I see the line "DX Command",
then the line that says something about the dxchannel for that user
being closed.  Watching the AX25 side, using AX25Spy, I do not see
anything going out to the user other than the disconnect frame.  The
user either sees "K8FBI Busy", or just "Disconnected K8FBI".

As I mentioned, if I first establish a packet connection to the node,
then enter DXC, everything works fine.  That seems to tell me that
something is broken between the AX25 and the client, but I dunno...

Like I said in my last post, everything had been working OK until I
booted into build .215.

Thanks and 73,

Steve N8NM