[Dxspider-support] Rebuild Help

Anthony(N2KI) n2ki at amsat.org
Wed May 21 12:03:01 BST 2008

Dirk,

Last night I got the new system going however it's not on line yet.  What I
found out was not all the files in \spider\data\ can be copied from one
system to the next; or at least is was not working in my case.  The only
file that seemed to be an issue was the "users" file as you can see in the
error below.  I ended up issuing a "perl create_sysop.pl" then subsequently
dragging over files from the "data" file.

I am not sure which "users" is referring to.  Are these the nodes that
connect to me as a feed for spots or just users of the system? How critical
is not rebuilding that file?  Now that I have a quasi running system, should
I drag over a users file from the previous spider tree (v1.54 0.7) and issue
PERL user_asc?  I am certain that the file I originally copied over was
erased by the "perl create_sysop.pl" command. I also issued a set/spider for
each of the nodes that connect to me for spots.

At present the original system which I rolled back from (PERL v 5.6.1) 1.55
0.7 to 1.54 0.216 is running with intermittent outages.  As soon as I
address this "users" file I will bring the new build on line (Perl V
5.8.8.822 Spider V 1.55 0.7). Thank you.

Ps. I still have not put my finger on the gremlin causing the outages, but
when I do I'm going to squeeze it like a grape!

Anthony - N2KI