[Dxspider-support] respawing

Fulvio HB9DHG hb9dhg at ticino.com
Fri May 23 21:20:27 BST 2008

This is my rc file:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Modified: May 18, 2008 by HB9DHG
#
# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
# See how we were called.
#
case "$1" in
  start)
   echo  "Starting DXSpider server"

   /bin/su - sysop -c "/usr/bin/perl -w /spider/perl/cluster.pl" >/dev/tty7
&

        echo
        touch /var/lock/subsys/dxspider
        ;;
  stop)
   echo  "Stopping DXSpider server "
        killproc /usr/bin/perl
        rm -f /var/lock/subsys/dxspider
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: rc.ham_dxspider {start|stop}"
        exit 1
esac
exit 0

I don't have any problem starting it via /etc/rc.d/init.d .. but as soon the
node is down, I cann't restart it
automatically.
This script run ok under Fedora Core 9.
the /etc/inittab entry worked fine on Fedora Core 8, not in version 9.
Still waiting any tip ;-)

Regards, HB9DHG Fulvio