[Dxspider-support] DXSpider to MySQL

Bela Markus ha5di at freemail.hu
Tue May 27 07:48:13 BST 2008

Hi Stanley,

it depends on your application. I have a PYTHON script which is reading
the *.dat files in /spider/data/spots and converts them to a MySQL
database. It is not real time, used to analyse historical spots.

I used in the past an add-on to SPider to do it in realtime, but SPIDER
did not pass locally entered spots only those received from other nodes,
so I dropped it.

At the moment I'm using a daemon (ALEX) which is independent of the
Spider. It talks a DXCLUSTER protocol and can be connected by the 'real'
cluster. This daemon is looking for Es spots and alerts local users via
email mailing lists and SMS gateway when a DX propagation conditions
appear on 50/70/144 MHz. While it is not using SQL this can be done if
there is any interest as it was a plan from the beginning.

Let me know if anybody is interested.

Regards... Béla