[Dxspider-support] Spider Crash

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri May 30 12:00:54 BST 2008

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> IZ5FSA wrote:
>> I've found the possible error in a couple of data files having owner
>> "root".
>>
>> After doing:
>> # chown -R sysop.spider spider
>> # find . -type d -exec chmod 2775 {} \;
>> # find . -type f -exec chmod 775 {} \;
>> it seems to work well now.
>>
>> Only a question: what does those messages mean?
>>
>>  >Route::findroutes: recursion limit reached looking for IV3SCP-6
>>  >Route::findroutes: recursion limit reached looking for VE7CC-1
>>  >Route::findroutes: recursion limit reached looking for IK5ZUK-6
>>  >Route::findroutes: recursion limit reached looking for IQ6NE-6
>>

> This is something that I have put in to stop the "deep recursion"
> crashes that have been occurring recently. This message is really for my
> benefit to see how prevalent the problem is. It will go away in future
> releases.

In fact, seeing just how many of these are being produced, I have
removed this message and, if you are seeing these, you should update
from CVS.

In the meantime, I want to investigate the "deep recursion" crashes a
bit more deeply. Iain G0RDI suggests that this may be confined to
(mainly?) Windows. Has anyone running linux had a "deep recursion" crash?