[Dxspider-support] sh/qrz & Registration

n2ki at amsat.org n2ki at amsat.org
Tue Dec 1 14:38:51 GMT 2009

Well Robert, what can I say? Its your opinion and it is your entitlement, which I respect.

It is not my intent to procure any financial reimbursement by creating a restrictive use of the sh/qrz command. It is, however, my intent, to restrict its use to only registered users of a node(cost free). Certainly, it makes sense to allow a sysop to "choose" its restriction or not. This would be to placate sysops who feel their node should be restriction free. Our network security has recently come under some scrutiny by sysops, and rightfully so given the useless banter (including profanity) that gets propagated from node to node.  For years I ran a registration free node. But now it appears it is for the better of the network to do so.  Just like it is my choice to pay for a subscription service to qrz, so should be the choice of the sysop to restrict is use(just my opinion). After all, it is my nonrefundable dime.