[Dxspider-support] New PC9x for DX Spots?

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 10 19:41:43 GMT 2009

I originally sent this message to the The DX Cluster Technical
Discussion list, but it never came back, so maybe it got lost!
Sorry if this ends up being duplicated.

Hi Dirk

How about this?

A new PC9x protocol could be developed for DX spots.  I love how easy it
is to dupe check PC9x messages.  This makes dupe checking really fast.

This new PC9x could include the IP address of the spotter.  It would be
a little bit more difficult to convert these to PC11 when required, but
not a lot.  Including the tilde character at the end would help confirm
the message had not been truncated in transmission.

Lee