[Dxspider-support] Running two Spider Nodes on one Windows Machine - Results

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 19:14:15 GMT 2009

If you do the following as Dirk said it should work...

*** This was on a Windows 2000 Pro system ***

1. Copy the existing c:\spider tree to a new location (c:\spider2)

2. Modify c:\spider2\local\DXVars.pm , change $mycall and $myalias and $clusterport (eg 27754 to 27755)

3. Modify c:\spider\local\Listeners.pm so that it listens on a different port (eg 7300 to 7301)

4. set the environment variable set DXSPIDER_ROOT=\spider2

5. run c:\spider\perl\update_sysop.pl once.

at this point I started the second spider node and all went fairly smoothly , the only issues were operator induced...

once I had the cluster talking to the upstream cluster I shut it down and created a batch file and put it in the c:\spider2 directory.

the batch file contained the following three lines

set DXSPIDER_ROOT=\spider2
cd perl
cluster.pl

you need to also make sure to change your connect scripts if you are going to connect to a different cluster , and , make the necessary changes to the c:\spider2\local_cmd\crontab file.

Dan N8DCJ