[Dxspider-support] connecting to an AR Cluster node

Danny Pease dpease at adams.net
Mon Feb 16 16:45:10 GMT 2009

My connect script currently looks like this:

timeout 60
connect telnet dxc.X#XXX.net 23
'ng9r-1'

I have the station set as AR Cluster node and he has me set a as a node in
his cluster. I tried it as AK1A style and it still didn't stay connected.

I found out the ARC did not like the 'login' that I have used with other DX
Spider nodes. When it sees the connect request, it returns asking for my
call. With the 'login' in the script, nothing happened. By removing 'login'
I am able to see the ARC node connect but it disconnects after just a few
seconds.

So I need to add the client line to my script? What is the purpose of that
line?

Thanks

Danny  NG9R