[Dxspider-support] version blank build 0.1

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Mon Jan 5 17:08:22 GMT 2009

IZ5FSA wrote:
> I've override my node software with CVSlatest.tgz and version goes ok.
> Running cvs to update software... version went back to
>  > $version = '';
>  > $subversion = '0';
>  > $build = '1';
>
> Dirk, I've no idea... must I delete everything (except local, local_cmd,
> spot, log... what else?) and then reinstall CVSlatest.tgz?

Don't delete anything.

Are you using git or cvs? You have to chose. Using both at the same time
will cause problems.

What you could try (although I don't think it will make any difference)
is to delete Version.pm and then do a 'git reset --hard'.

I take it that you don't have any local modifications (to the standard
spider tree, I don't mean stuff in 'local*' etc), you are not on git
branch or anything like that?