[Dxspider-support] HELP ?! : not exactly dxspider problems

f8arr f8arr at f8arr.org
Mon May 18 12:11:15 BST 2009

Hello,

First, I'm sorry but this message is not exactly a dxspider problem...
(it works like a charm here !)

I write you because I'm working on the integration of a baycom uscc card
under linux 2.6 and I think I can touch a great community of sysops
under linux here ... perhaps someone has knwon (and resolve) same
problems ?

I explain :
The problem concern Baycom Uscc 4 cards on isa ports under ubuntu server
... (in fact on 2.6 kernel). The same config works under kernel 2.4....

I have made the configuration like it has ever done on our organisation
(we are two sysops).
Everything is allright when we do "modprobe scc" and the "sccinit" command.
"Ifconfigs" come up with no  problems and we can ping on their ip adresses.

But when we do an "axcall " on a port, the server freeze and the only
solution available is to push the reset button.
We changed IRQ, ioports.. cards (2 differents baycoms cards)  (scc are
baycom one).
Each time we have the same symptom.
I have made the configuration on an other server and the result is
exactly the same.

Did you heard about such problems ?
For information, we use module given with the original kernel. (But with
compiled one it was the same problem).
We tested differents version of 2.6.x kernel and symptoms were the same.

any idear would be greatly appreciate ;-)

Regards
Guillaume Devoyon F8ARR