[Dxspider-support] About SH/NOdes command

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Thu May 21 15:40:39 BST 2009

Luigi Carlotto, IK5ZUK wrote:
>> Hi Dirk, hi all !!
>> Currently I'm running Spider version 1.55 build 0.38 on a Linux
>> (Ubuntu) system.
>>
>> Doing a SH/NO command, for the major part of nodes linked, I can see
>> the version number, but for some of them, the version number is not
>> displayed, i.e. it is blank !
>> Sometimes the version number is 4947, that is clearly wrong... In that
>> case, after doing a rinit command, the data in sh/no for that partner
>> became ok. Note that I'm 100% sure about all the settings in both
>> nodes are properly done !
>>
>> Why this ?? Please Dirk, could you tell me something about ?!?
>>
>> TU,
>> 73 de Luigi, ik5zuk
>
> Hi Dirk, hi all !
>
> Please Dirk, could you consider to solve this bug inside DxSpider ??
> If you want I can give you full access to my linux box, if you need to
> do some search.

The reason it is like that is that there are a number of ways to obtain
version strings. Some of which are strings (in different formats),
others have to be guessed from PC19s and some cannot be guessed because
the information is not there.

Whilst there may be some improvement possible, it won't make a huge
amount of difference - in the end.

This isn't a bug. It's a feature. For the time being it will stay that way.

Dirk G1TLH