[Dxspider-support] badnode filtering

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Mon Nov 16 16:41:43 GMT 2009

Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> On 11/14/2009 4:53 AM, Dirk Koopman G1TLH wrote:
>
>> You may also find that a 'rej/spot node_default call_dxcc 666 or by_dxcc
>> 666' useful. This should remove all spots by countries that it doesn't
>> recognise - HOWEVER - this may remove some actual DX (usually of the
>> commemorative callsign type).
>
> I would suggest NOT doing this.  Many TO and TX callsigns are added to
> the country file "after the fact".  Let the user's logging program
> figure these out, there is no need to block them at the cluster node.

Yes, but they are not treated as "pirate countries". They may be wrongly
attributed, but not "pirate" as far as the spot system is concerned.
Contrast:

sh/pre TO TX

with

sh/pre qz4 l0ser

(a couple of examples I have seen recently)

A reasonable minimum, which I now have active is:

rej/spot node_default by_dxcc 666
rej/spot node_default input by_dxcc 666

The second line is probably only what is required. But Belt & Braces
can't hurt too much.

It seems to me that only recognisable callsigns should be allowed
through, as spot authors, even if people are windy about stopping
possible "good" dx spots. I know that "work first, worry later" applies
when operating, but I don't think it should necessarily be appropriate
here whilst we are going through one of our periodic orgies of foul
mouthing (it has been a while since the last one). But then, you all
have the opportunity to choose your own policies.

I expect there are some badwords that could usefully be added as well.
Maybe this is a place to coordinate the "official list"?

Dirk G1TLH