[Dxspider-support] Australian 4 letter calls

brucebel brucebel at optusnet.com.au
Fri Nov 20 10:48:58 GMT 2009

Dirk Koopman G1TLH wrote:
> Ian Maude wrote:
>> Hi Dirk et al,
>> Any chance of supporting the VK calls with 4 letter suffixes please?
>> I have a chap who cannot log in as spider says his callsign is invalid.
>>

> Really? Does Oz have that many amateurs?
>
> Dirk

Hi Dirk and Group,

Oz's 4 letter calls are of a Foundation call nature, where caution
is on the side of better judgement.

Personally if it was my choice, I'd somehow allow log in but not allow to
send spots, this in my opinion gives the notion to chase the DX spots.
Remembering that some not all get a foundation call sign and then treat
the privilege like a full call.

Just my thoughts.

Bruce Bell
VK4TRS