[Dxspider-support] Dxspider Registration

Keith Le Boutillier keith at cwgsy.net
Sun Nov 22 23:54:17 GMT 2009

Hi Group

Following on from some of Dxcluster abuse the other week and also
comments from users and authors

in magazines all now whishing to see Dxclusters implementing user name
and passwords for access I have decided

that this is something I should look at / implement here at GB7DXG-1.

On my server here which runs the Dxcluster, web server and now an MYSQL
as well I have created webpage which

collects the information that I need to register a user on the Dxcluster
and puts it in the MYSQL server.

This also allows uses to recover their password if they lose it so some
of the overhead in running registration has hopefully been removed I
also have the option of

approving these details before registration onto the cluster.

This is still a work in progress but I was wondering if their was anyway
with a Perl script of completely automating this, collecting these
details from the MYSQL server

and registering them as a user on the Dxcluster.

My Perl coding is very limited so any help suggestions would be helpful.

If this could be done it would make administering the Dxcluster
registration nice and easy and maybe more sysops would use registration
just my thoughts

73 Keith GB7DXG-1