[Dxspider-support] Add IP address tp PC16

Bela Markus ha5di at freemail.hu
Wed Nov 25 12:53:53 GMT 2009

Dirk:

PC92 extension with IP would be a good carrier for IP.

Ian:

You can extend for example sh/stat with IP and resolved domain, country
info to assist evaluate it.

But the main goal to make this info available for a fraud detaction,
traffic analyzer, etc. programs (call it tap, sensor, ...) and not
necessarily for a node only.

For example I'm using a gateway daemon written in Python which accept a
single incoming node conenction only, answers pings to kepp up
connections and make severala ctions, like creates alerting emails in
case of 6m/4m/2m Es conditions for HA users, converts www.tx3a.com RSS
feed items to outgoing announcements, stores spots, anns and other info
in SQL adatabse, etc.

Getting the IP it can also analyse traffic realtime and generate emails
for sysops, blacklist files, etc.

What is missing today is the IP. BTW please consider few old fashioned
users using radio link :)

73... Béla