[Dxspider-support] Ubuntu 9.04 - console.pl

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Thu Oct 1 09:53:10 BST 2009

Hashing out that line /etc/hosts may cause other problems (if not now,
then in a few years time).

What does DXVars.pm say for $clusteraddr? Mine says '127.0.0.1' and I
have not had this problem. However, I have had problems with 'localhost'
in the past. So the first thing to do, probably, is to remove
'localhost' from the ::1 line in /etc/hosts and make sure you have a:

127.0.0.1 localhost

line in /etc/hosts.

The other thing I have on my Ubuntu box is 'libio-socket-inet6-perl'
installed (which is IO::Socket::INET6 in cpan speak). That should also
help with this problem. If you have this module installed, it should
sort problems of this kind out, as well as allowing IPV6 connections

Dirk