[Dxspider-support] Installation assistance

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:23:25 BST 2009

Ed

I can set dxpsider up for you on a VPS. I run EI7MRE on a vps and I also
took care of migrating EI7SDX to one recently as well

I work as a linux systems administrator and am the CTO of an ISP in the
west of ireland
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bminish

My preferred flavour of linux for this would be Centos or RHEL as I am a
RHCE (# 805008029731335 )
https://www.redhat.com/training/certification/verify/

I can work with pretty much any flavour of Linux, Long term support
versions make the best sense for servers since they need less ongoing
maintenance and have a long support lifespan.

You might want to look at slicehost too, I had ei7mre running on one of
their 256Meg slices very successfully for around 9 months before moving
it to a provider a bit closer to home
http://www.tagadab.com/
who are in the UK.

If you already have a VPS what other services are you running on it at
present ?
How many users do you anticipate ?

If this is a setup job for Dxspider+ occasional maintenance I will do it
at no charge and will try to explain how it all works so that you can
manage it yourself. it does not take very long to get up and running.

73's
Brendan EI6IZ
Sysop ei7mre.ath.cx 7300

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 15:55 -0500, Ed Tump wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> If anyone is willing to install this for me for free or a fee, please
> let me know. I “rent” a Linux VPS server from http://www.servint.net
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Ed
>
> KC9GWK