[Dxspider-support] moving from Windows to Ubuntu

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Wed Sep 16 17:16:01 BST 2009

I recently moved my node from a PC running Ubuntu to a Sheevaplug dev
kit (computer in a wall wart) also running Ubuntu.  I followed the
instructions in the wiki <http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/
Linux_Installation> and copied over the entire data directory.  It
was up and running in short order.

The Sheevaplug's installed kernel doesn't support AX.25 and I need to
compile and installe a new kernel (which is a bit more complicated
than on a normal PC) so I don't yet have packet connectivity.  I am
running the /home directory on a USB hard drive but plan to move it
to a SD memory card. Since there won't be as much available space, I
will need to periodically delete the older spots and debug data
files which tend to fill up the drive (hopefully I can come up with a
cron script to do that).

73, Bob N7XY