[Dxspider-support] ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides db_file

VK3AMA (Laurie Cowcher) vk3ama at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 03:29:01 BST 2010

 Hi Dave,

I went through the same situation and several hours trying to get
DXSpider working on my Windows XP platform. DB_File is broken for
Windows (something to do with Berkley files).

Tried the current releases of ActivePerl 5.8.9 & 5.10.1 with the same
DB_File missing failure. Much googling revealed that DB_File is now
core to 5.10.1 so not available as an external module, unfortunately
broken for Windows, for 5.8.9 none of the repositories have DB_File
available since it is also  broken for windows.

The solution (my node is working locally)  was to install 5.6.1 build
635 which has working DB_File support working for Windows. The
downside, 5.6.1 is 7 years old and took much googling to locate a
source for the Windows release and then further googling to find a
repository that still has 5.6 modules available (ended up using 3
different repositories to get the modules needed).

Hope this helps.

de Laurie, VK3AMA