[Dxspider-support] ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides db_file

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Thu Apr 8 10:51:32 BST 2010

Dirk Koopman G1TLH wrote:
> Looking at the PPM build logs, it appears as though they are not
> installing the necessary Berkeley DB files. Now this may actually be a
> problem with more modern DB_File modules. I will go on a hunt for a
> working one.
>
> I shall also see if I can sort out an alternative that I can live with.
>
> Dirk

In the meantime, I have zipped up all the relevant files that I can find
in my Windows 5.8.7 version of activestate and you can get it here:

http://www.dxcluster.org/download/DB_File.zip

Make sure you unpack it from C:\ as it has all the files in the "right"
places.

I have no idea whether it will work. It is for IA32 only and should be
compatible with any 5.8.x perl.

Please try it and tell me how you got on.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND 5.6.x perls on any architecture.