[Dxspider-support] dxspider on Centos

Manos Darkadakis sv1iw at raag.org
Sat Dec 18 00:14:23 GMT 2010

Hello all

I have installed dxspider on a Centos 5.4 machine. During the installation
the Curses module has failed to install although I tried several versions
and the one which is referred at the instructions. Dxspider loads ok and
works, but I can't login with the console.pl and can't issue node state to
others. I used the client program on the local box with the alias call, same
problem, and cluster states "Not allowed". It looks like all sysop commands
are not allowed.

Any ideas for a work around?

Thanks in advance and Happy holydays

P.S. I have dxspider on a Susse 7,2 old PII machine working for years
without any problems.

Manos G. Darkadakis

SV1IW

President

Radio Amateur Association of Greece

National Society - Member of International

Amateur Radio Union  (IARU) since 1959.

160 M DXCC with a rubber duck? (17M W9INN ANTENNA)

Yes it can be done!

' Tel:210-5226516

7Fax:210-5226505

Mob:6974-914725