[Dxspider-support] ROS Developer will continue to auto-spot despite complaints

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 03:13:00 BST 2010

On 11/07/10 00:06, VK3AMA wrote:
> from his website
> http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/ros-and-cluster/
>
> Jose says...
>
>> ROS uses a system that send reports to the DX Cluster automatically.
>>
>> This is useful to know who are listen you and the system is done so as
>> not to saturate the cluster (only send some spot).
>>
>> If you are not agree with this function that help to the
>> communication, don’t use ROS software.
>
> Interpret that as you want.

for what it is worth I have done a "set/badword ros". My take is that I
will cooperate with and/or help any author who wants to do something new
and interesting. But only if (s)he is willing to engage openly with the
sysop and/or cluster author communities.

Otherwise, I am afraid that I regard such people as nuisances that need
to be programmed around. Sadly, I think this chap is yet another example.

Dirk G1TLH