[Dxspider-support] FYI: 4 new nodes added to ROS Auto-Spotting function.

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jul 14 18:27:29 BST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Ron Stordahl N5IN
<ronn5in-dxspider at yahoo.com> wrote:

> While I applaud Dirk for his ingenuity someday the whole issue of security
> needs to be addressed.  'Full' control through node passwords is not 'full'
> since connected nodes themselves might not enforce the same level of
> control.  The nodes would need to exchange control information, with
> connections between nodes refused if the level of control at the connecting
> node is judged insufficient.

And *all* cluster implementations must provide the same level of
protection.  I don't see that happening, as long as legacy nodes are
our there (i.e. WinCluster, old versions of DX Spider, AR-Cluster,
etc.).  Though "modern" software could have a limited-protocol
interface with the legacy nodes, preventing the spots from propagating
beyond the "modern" node to which the legacy node is connected.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us