[Dxspider-support] ROS Mode

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 16 00:27:26 BST 2010

The 4Z5LZ-2 spotters are exploiting the hole in Spider security, which I
have pointed out before.  They connect, immediately send a spot and
immediately disconnect.   I would not be surprised to see more of this.

If Dirk would include IP addresses in the Spider spots, at the least the
non-Spider nodes would have a chance to dump these spots.  As it is now, the
only way to do defend against this is to not connect to Spider clusters.  I
have put code into CC Cluster software specifically to help Spider clusters.
It would be nice if the favour were returned.

>From looking at these spots, it would appear they are malicious.  I can't
believe that someone could write software like this by mistake.

Lee