[Dxspider-support] ROS Mode

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 21:39:19 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 21:17 +0200, PA4JJ wrote:
> Hello
>
> I do not understand this thread.
> What is wrong with spotting another digital mode?

Nothing, However the ROS software has been automatically spotting all
QSO's on the cluster network by logging into a node, spotting then
immediately disconnecting.

firstly this is very bad form in that it does not stay connected, it
simply makes the spot then disconnects, clearly the only objective here
is to use the cluster system to advertise the ROS mode and ROS software.
This is an abuse of the cluster system.
The author of the ROS software does not seem to have discussed the
implications of this with cluster sysops before implementing this
'feature'

Secondly auto-spotting every QSO fills the cluster network up with
rubbish spots. I regularly work 60+ CW QSO's an hour, Should I spot
every one? of course not. Same thing applies to ROS. Users should
'selectively' spot what they consider worthwhile spotting, not spot
everything automatically

Since all these automated spots have the word ROS in them using a
badword filter for ROS filters them out here

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ