[Dxspider-support] ROS

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 21:35:59 BST 2010

On 03/10/2010 20:17, Dirk Koopman G1TLH wrote:
> I know it probably won't make any difference, but I have added a comment
> asking the author to use "chat".

Yes I saw that and I for one would have no particular issues with ROS if
it used the cluster system in a non-abusing way

User Opt-in cluster connection, Completely eliminating the auto-spotting
and using cluster chat to facilitate messages between users instead of
spots would all be positive steps

One of the things that I find puzzling though is that where the author
discusses the auto-spot algorithm he seems to imply that the ROS
stations are already in communications via the internet with each other,
surely this would provide the required mechanism for reliable chat
between users?

73
Brendan EI6IZ