[Dxspider-support] ROS

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 14:01:26 BST 2010

On 07/10/10 00:31, Jose Alberto Nieto Ros wrote:
> I have disabled autospots in Cluster in the new versions.
>
> Also i have inserted a Internal Spot System.

Thank you. It is much appreciated.

Now, I know this is always difficult and rather like herding cats to get
users to keep their software up to date, but do you have any way of
persuading the following stations to upgrade to your new release?

DL1HSI
DL2TXT
EA1EJ
EA3AYQ
F4EOV
F5PBI
F6EWB
G0NIG
G7HCE
HA5AEK
I0UGC
I0YOH
IK1LRY
PD0MNI
PD2HR
RX0AT
YO4AUL

> Now, I would like to know what is the next mission of ARRL to stop ROS.

I cannot emphasize enough how important it is for your software not to
annoy US hams (in particular) by having stations put out their beacon
signal reports automatically as DX Spots. It think it will help your
case with the ARRL enormously to persuade every ROS user to upgrade to
prevent this from happening any more.

 From the DXSpider sysops point of view, we would like it very much if
you would make sure that automatic beacon traffic is kept as small as
possible. Please remember that many sysops have to pay bandwidth charges.

73 Dirk