[Dxspider-support] IPv6 peerings

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Mon Apr 4 22:16:50 BST 2011

On 04/04/11 21:56, Brendan Minish wrote:
> Just tried peering over IPv6 from one of my test nodes to ei7mre and I
> regret to report that it doesn't currently work, the connection just
> times out
> IPv6 user connects work, telnetting in to the cluster over IPv6 and
> logging in using the test node call results in a PC18 being sent and
> spot traffic from the remote node so the remote node is accepting the
> connection,  I suspect the problem lies with the node/code that
> initiates the connect

It is. It used old manual IPV4 perl calls to fix the lack of
IO::Socket::blocking() on very old perls. Hopefully no-one is using very
old perls any more (i.e 5.005) and so this should not be a problem. It
will continue in the old IPV4 way as default anyway (such as on a
windows box that does not have IO::Socket::INET6 loaded) I even tested
it on a windows XP box I happen to have running.