[Dxspider-support] IPv6 and Dxspider

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Wed Apr 6 13:36:42 BST 2011

On 04/05/2011 07:42 PM, Brendan Minish wrote:
> Just to let the list know that W1NR-9 and EI7MRE are successfully
> peering over IPv6 and all seems stable
>
> ei7mre accepts user connects at 2a01:7b8:2000:a6::10 port 7300
>
> When My DNS provider adds support for AAAA records I will dual home
> EI7MRE and it will be interesting to see if any of my regular users then
> begin connecting via IPv6
>
> thanks for your help Dirk

A big thanks to Dirk from this side as well...

On the subject of AAAA records, W1NR-9 was connecting to my main node
W1NR with a DNS name that had a AAAA record associated with it. As soon
as I did the upgrade on W1NR-9, it would not connect to W1NR because the
changes were not done there yet. It was trying the IPv6 address but
no-one was listening at the other end. My normal cluster connect DNS
(dx.w1nr.net) does not yet have a AAAA record. Something to consider
should you add the AAAA record and suddenly your peers, that have an
IPv6 stack but have not updated from git, might have problems connecting.

Mike, W1NR