[Dxspider-support] Transfer spider

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Sat Apr 9 17:15:19 BST 2011

On 09/04/11 15:26, Ricardo Suarez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to transfer the spider to a new PC, form Debian Etch to new
> installation Debian Lenny.
>
> How I transfer the users to the fresh Spider installation?

I am presuming that you have cloned your entire /spider tree to your new
computer and that includes /spider/data with one or more
/spider/data/user_asc* files.

The first thing to do is to try it as it is. If you are using Debian and
it is the same cpu architecture, it should just work. If it does not,
then do this:

* stop the node on the new machine
* cd /spider/data
* rm users.v3
* perl /user_asc
* restart the node.

If it did not "just work" then the chances are that you will have
problems with your dxsql database as well.

If you don't use it then you can just delete /spider/data/qsl.v1,
otherwise you will need to export the database from your old machine and
import it on the new one. Sometimes this can produce a HUUUUUGE file so
it may not be practical and you will just have delete it anyway and
build it up again over time. Do 'help dxqsl_export' and/or
'dxqsl_import' for more info.